It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:38 am

Guitar Hero Mod (works) - GH Mod!!!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY

Postby troubletcat » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:29 am

I kind of like the background when you're playing a song, but the menus hurt the eyes, yes.

Also, I find it funny thatwhatevakin is complaining about the plagarism shown by this mod when he has doubtless downloaded hundreds of songs for FoF (which include the music in almost all cases) ilegally
Last edited by troubletcat on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
troubletcat
Member
 
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:33 am
Location: Australia
Karma: 0

Postby dna » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:02 am

whatakevin wrote:i think this would be considered playjerism or copyrighted law crap. wouldnt it? cuz hes using the name "guitar hero" on the main menu

and damit why do people want their FoF to be called "guitar hero" anyways? damit this is FoF NOT guitar hero

exactly, and what is up with the song select?

i don't wanna pile on, because i KNOW it takes time to make all that stuff work, but like the tape labels alone in the selector screens....eh....it feels incomplete.
My Pop-Rock Band:
www.myspace.com/theringersoundtrack

My D.N.A. Breakbeats Project:
www.directsoundradio.net
User avatar
dna
Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:51 pm
Location: Quahog, RI
Karma: 0

Postby nobby76 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:19 pm

whatakevin wrote:i think this would be considered playjerism or copyrighted law crap. wouldnt it? cuz hes using the name "guitar hero" on the main menu

and damit why do people want their FoF to be called "guitar hero" anyways? damit this is FoF NOT guitar hero

i hate to say it but..... almost every thing we do for FoF is a breach of some copyrigtht law. every song that is released is breaking the law, because we are copying and sending the music over the internet. most pictures used in mods are copyrighted, unless you actually took the original picture yourself. using the name or logo for GH is a copyright breach, or for any other game, movie or music. id say the music trading is the biggest breach, people get done for that all the time.

And i agree with you on the FoF is not GH, i personally hate seeing the thoughts section now, because most of the ideas are ways to try and get FoF to be more like GH.
I dont have anything against GH, we have GH2 on the 360 here and i like it, but it is not the same as FOF . GH has a goal, so to speak. you have a carear mode which means you can beat ( and finish) the game, FOF doesnt which means it will never finish, you can play it forever, kinda. I'd say GH is more like arcade and FoF is more like simulator. if these were driving games GH would be "Need for speed carbon" and FoF would be "Live for Speed" Lol


Oh btw Lol alzy101 nice mod! i personally like the boxes around the numbers and multiplyer, alltho not too sure about the cassettes. Was this your first try at a mod?? good try either way!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Ruler of Chatrooms
User avatar
nobby76
Member
 
Posts: 3824
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Just off the coast of Saturn
Karma: 10

Postby nobby76 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:30 pm

Sorry ignore that bit about to boxes round the numbers at the end of the other post, i was reading 2 posts at the same time and my brain leaked...
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Ruler of Chatrooms
User avatar
nobby76
Member
 
Posts: 3824
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:46 pm
Location: Just off the coast of Saturn
Karma: 10

Postby strummerite » Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:47 pm

omganinja wrote:Are you dumb or just ignorant? He called it Guitar Hero Mod because its a Guitar Hero theme mod.

you're calling someone else ignorant when you call that guitar hero mod "emo/skateboarding"?

???
strummerite
Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:24 am
Location: Ontario
Karma: 0

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:07 pm

strummerite wrote:
omganinja wrote:Are you dumb or just ignorant? He called it Guitar Hero Mod because its a Guitar Hero theme mod.

you're calling someone else ignorant when you call that guitar hero mod "emo/skateboarding"?

???

Thao has got owned by a noob!
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Image
Shredder
User avatar
Scutch-Nukem
Member
 
Posts: 3176
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:24 am
Location: Confirmed, sending supplies.
Karma: 6

Postby Macks » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:03 pm

everything on mine works until i go to play it. the fret board, notes, and background don't change at all. =/
What the eff David Blaine?!?!
Macks
Member
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 7:54 pm
Karma: 0

Postby Jenuma » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:24 pm

Frets on Fire by itself is by no means a "copyright infringment".

It took first place in the 2006 Assembly Demo Party Junior Development Competition.

The photos are only protected if you choose to sell them. Same with the Guitar Hero logo; since you're not on the street selling copies of Frets On Fire compiled on a CD, you're not breaking any law.

The music... may be some kind of light infringement, though it could be argued that the music is being used as a component of the game. For example, when you buy Guitar Hero at a retailer, you aren't paying $0.99 for every song to unlock in the game because of how they're being used.

Though the concept of Frets On Fire is the same as Guitar Hero, it's not the same game. You can't choose your guitar, guitarist, outfit, locale, etc., and Frets On Fire is really just a big open-ended "Quick Play" mode.

Furthermore, FoF supported the concept that to play GH songs on it's software, you must own the original game disks. There may be ways around this, but the public at large will not use it because of ignorance, to be blunt. And even those of us that do download someone else's copies of the songs from GH already own the game disks anyways and just may be too lazy to take the wait to convert them from the CDs onto the computer.

I don't think cops are going to bust down the doors of your house and arrest you for piracy anytime soon.

About whatakevin's comment; I disagree. if someone wants to make their software look and feel like Guitar Hero's, why not? If they can, let them. The game isn't commercial anyways.

As for my opinion on the actual mod, I think the brick backgrounds would be nice for use with a mod that stopped the rotation, if one exists. The neck was a little plain and uninteresting. The graphic you used for cassette.svg wasn't exactly picturesque. I also didn't like the fact that you removed the actual poly cassettes. What about songs with no labels? But everyone must start somewhere. Not everyone was born perfect like Kevin.
"A hero needeth not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."
~Songs~
Linkin Park - A Place For My Head (80% Complete)
Sorry for the procrastination on this one.
User avatar
Jenuma
Member
 
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 5:57 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Karma: 0

Postby Steve13Nash » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:59 pm

where can i download this mod?
Steve13Nash
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:52 pm
Location: Berovo
Karma: 0

Postby BlackFate » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:23 am

Steve13Nash wrote:where can i download this mod?

Get the one from here instead - http://www.phonotheque.ca/fof/

Mike.
Image
Image
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
Mass Effect FTW :)
User avatar
BlackFate
Moderator
 
Posts: 5272
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: From Wales, now in Sheffield
Karma: 14

Previous

Return to FOF Mod Discussion and Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests