GH mod for 1.1.324 - Downport of my 1.2.451 GHmod

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:39 pm

**** AWESOME!!!

Best mod ever! Thanks a bunch raph!

EDIT: Do you plan to update this mod? If so, can you include the Lyrics mod and the Crowd Sounds mod please?
Last edited by R4L on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
TheGenerator

Postby TheGenerator » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:05 pm

For some reason, when I try to play a song, the screen turns back and I have to close it. I'm probably missing something right in front of my face, but can anyone help me out?
Last edited by TheGenerator on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:25 pm

Thanks Raph666, I intend on trying this out tomorrow. If I can wait that long???
may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:49 pm

TheGenerator wrote:For some reason, when I try to play a song, the screen turns back and I have to close it. I'm probably missing something right in front of my face, but can anyone help me out?

strange...but some people have talked about a loading time issue..I use relatively large files so it takes some times to load...maybe it's just taking ALOT of time on your computer...have you tried to wait a long time? If it's really not a loading time problem...It must be an installation problem (have you look the installation video?)

Make sure you have extracted all the files there are in the data folder of the archive to YOUR data folder, if you don't, the game will look for those files and it will crash if doesn't find them

when you extract the files, overwrite existing ones

if it still doesn't work after that, I really don't know
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:39 am

I'm having trouble getting Fozz's keys to work. The notes show. But not the keys when I try to use them.

I don't like much the yellow lines added to the neck. Anyway to get rid of them?

So far other than those two things, everything is great!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------

BTW; are we supposed to do anything with the src_folder that came with the MOD?
Leather Rebel!
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 am

RexMundi412 wrote:I don't like much the yellow lines added to the neck. Anyway to get rid of them?

Those came with Capo mod and you can change their color to something more unnoticable, don't know how to completely make them disappear, though.

RexMundi412 wrote:BTW; are we supposed to do anything with the src_folder that came with the MOD?

As always, no, those are the source files, I believe unless you plan to mod them, you have no use for them.
Last edited by Lone Wolf on Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:25 am

Yes, there will be problems with others keys..it's because the meshes are not named correctly...normally the game uses every meshes of the .dae file, when you use my code, it will only use Meshes named in a specific way...if you want I can fix them and post it. I know this suck and I longly hesitate before doing this...but I'll post fixed notes soon...

for the yellow lines, they are only the "normal" lines you get in fretsonfire...they're yellow because of the theme colors, this yellow is a FoF default color...I'm not sure but I think there is an option in C-mod's to turn off those lines...I just looked at the c-mod readme and got this:

tracks:

Tracks are the vertical lines in the guitar, in the game you can choose
whether to have them between the notes, or in the middle of the notes.
It's in the RF mod settings, in game settings.

You can also choose a color for them, in the fretsonfire.ini file, in
the "theme" section, the parameter is called "tracks_color", and it
accepts colors in hex, or the string "off" (without quotes)
to have them not shown.

Bars:

Bars are the horizontal lines in the guitar, you can choose a color
for them in the fretsonfire.ini file, in the "theme" section, the
parameter is called "bars_color", and it accepts colors in hex,
or the string "off" (without quotes) to have them not shown.

for the src folder, if you don't know what to do with it ;) you don't need it...heh no actually it's just the source of the game, this is the complete game source, patched with rf-mod, c-mod and my mod, if you ever setup the dev. env. you can modify it to create your code mod
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:06 am

Keys...if you want I can fix them and post it. I know this suck and I longly hesitate before doing this...but I'll post fixed notes soon...
This would be most wanted. Since with out keys for other mods. It can be difficult to play.

If this can't be done, I will likely have to give up on this MOD. I love this one but not at the sacrafice of my others. Including one's I did.

Tracks are the vertical lines in the guitar, in the game you can choose whether to have them between the notes, or in the middle of the notes. It's in the RF mod settings, in game settings.
I've never noticed that toggle. This should be a usefull tidbit, thanks.

for the yellow lines, they are only the "normal" lines you get in fretsonfire
They seemed to be positioned differently though. They line up in different areas before I installed. Some of the necks I made correspond to the previous lines. Changing the color should help some. But the positioning may always be a problem with some necks.

So just a thought...A MOD/Toggle for removing all the lines would be great. I didn't much like the lasts one's either. Even though some of my necks were based on their positioning.

for the src folder, if you don't know what to do with it ;) you don't need it
If I knew about the keys and lines...Well lets just say, I won't be messing with it(LOL.)
---------------------------------------------------

Another minor issue I have is...Black lines showing on my folder labels? I think _Alex provided a low res label.dae(shot in the dark as to what it was?) that solved this problem with previous RF updates.

The cassettes show fine. But when I applied you GH_MOD, the CD's had lines too. Though this could be due to the fact that all my labels are for cassettes(with the exception of the folder labels?)
============================
Rex
may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:39 am

RexMundi412 wrote:
Tracks are the vertical lines in the guitar, in the game you can choose whether to have them between the notes, or in the middle of the notes. It's in the RF mod settings, in game settings.
I've never noticed that toggle. This should be a usefull tidbit, thanks.

for the yellow lines, they are only the "normal" lines you get in fretsonfire
They seemed to be positioned differently though. They line up in different areas before I installed. Some of the necks I made correspond to the previous lines. Changing the color should help some. But the positioning may always be a problem with some necks.

Well, both quotes talk about the same problem, this comes from capo's mod, it's not really a problem, it's an option since you can toggle it.

and here are the fixed notes, took me some time because I had Blender/ColladaPlugin problems, I fixed it, so if anyone has keys that he'd want to be fixed and don't know how tell me I'll do it, it's fast and easy. (for people who know how to import/export .dae files, I'll repeat myself: fret colors = Mesh , key_color = Mesh_001 , key2_color = Mesh_002 , Mesh_003 = visible when note-hits)

FozZKey-ghmod-compliant.rar
Huzzah!
R4L

Postby R4L » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:45 am

OK raph, if any updates, also include the crazy.neo's score meter please! :)
Last edited by R4L on Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sig disabled. ~nwru
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:58 am

Thanks for the keys Raph! They seem to have gained a little weight. But they are working just fine.

Rex
--------------------------------------

Messing with the fret board speed seems to have solved my problem with line position. Now just to change their color. And solve the folder label prob and I'll be set.

But those are minor things, so everthing is shaping up nicely.

Thanks Raph666, you got me drooling for more :p !!!
Last edited by RexMundi412 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Allright, but I can't get it to work,looked at his mod archive and the files he modified should not conflict...however I tried running it from the source he provided and for some reasons, it won't load the rockmeter image...looking at his thread I'm not the only one who has this problem...if anyone knows what is the problem I'd be glad to hear about it

and for the keys...it's weird, I just took them from the rf-mod archive...but if you look...they scale down when you hit...it's really weird...don't know what happened
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:05 pm

raph666 wrote:Allright, but I can't get it to work,looked at his mod archive and the files he modified should not conflict...however I tried running it from the source he provided and for some reasons, it won't load the rockmeter image...looking at his thread I'm not the only one who has this problem...if anyone knows what is the problem I'd be glad to hear about it

set flame2 to static, and it works

anyways, i'll change it on mine, dont want the flame2 static..
Last edited by lnkk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:12 pm

thanks Inkk, it now loads the image
but still, it's not aligned correctly, it gets out of the meter picture on the left
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:17 pm

u had to change somethings. i use 1024 x 768, font 100%.

self.rockmeter.transform.reset()
self.rockmeter.transform.scale(.69, -.7)
self.rockmeter.draw()

thats what i changed..

btw iam looking for a alternative way, to set the rock meter on, without flame2.. i think i'll make a new option..

forget it, i just make flame2 the same img as flame1, but for some reason, the tuning guitar load, is slow.
Last edited by lnkk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”