- 1) GH3 theme : depending on the POV used, the StarPower lightning (lightning.png) isn't correctly aligned (ironically, it's noticeable when the POV is set to GH3 but not when it is set to Rock Band ).
- 2) When the StarPower is charged on a chord (i.e. when the starnotes end on a chord instead of a single starnote), the lightning only appears on one of the notes, which looks weird IMO -- you can check the first screenshot to see what I mean).
Could it be made so that a lightning appears for every note of a chord instead of only one?
- 3) Activating StarPower when you're in the process of strumming StarNotes makes them disappear. Is that a normal behavior?
- 4) I had planned to make flatnotes.png, flatspinnotes.png, flatfretbuttons.png, and flatlightning.png (so that these can be used as a fallback instead of notes.png, spinnotes.png, fretbuttons.png, and lightning.png, when POV is set to "Rock Rev").
Should I go ahead, or don't waste time on something that won't be coded ever?
- 5) Is it possible to have animated tails when you strum, such as in the original FoF 1.2.512 (that would look kinda like FoFiX's animated killswitch, except it'd be displayed when strumming normally)?
- a) it's quite possible it has already been suggested (shame on me if it's the case), but a random song mode would be great (it could be an option for quickplay, for example). However, I don't know how much work it'd involve to code that feature.
- b) for songs such as "the state of Massachusetts", by "Dropkick Murphys", where the bass track is clearly too loud, we could have a new setting for song.ini : rhythm_volume = x (where x = [0,10]). This way we wouldn't have to modify the volumes in the options before and after we play such songs, nor have to edit the .ogg (a solution that'd imply some quality loss).
1) Noted, issue 147
2) Noted, issue 148
(this was most likely caused by the new handling of starpower charge notes, which solved the double-starpower reward of drum chords)
3) This is not a bug. If you had "SP Refill" set to "On" this would not happen, as starpower notes are allowed while starpower is active while this is enabled.
4) That would be an extremely low-priority change... but if you made those images I would eventually look into adding this functionality.
5) No idea what you're talking about here.
a) This is not happening in-game for a long time. There are already external tools that can achieve this for you. issue 149
b) Added, issue 150
once again: whew. Please slow down these list posts of yours... it does take a long time to catch up and properly respond / handle the list items so they don't get buried, and the time I spend doing this severely cuts into the time I had planned to be working on the next release. :)
Perhaps you could start using the FoFiX issue tracker to note bugs? Then they're in the big list and we can review the reports when we get a chance.
Azzco, I don't have a problem with preloading the font glyphs. Evilynux worked on that feature, and made it optional for a reason - some users' video cards just won't handle it. Just leave it off if it causes problems for you, unless you have looked at your log file after such a problem and see some error traces, in which case please share the log file.