How to get 1 of my guitars working?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
a7mag3ddon

How to get 1 of my guitars working?

Postby a7mag3ddon » Wed May 10, 2017 12:59 pm

Hello,

I have a ps2 guitar controller and also an xbox 360 guitar hero live controller (with dongle) but i cant get either to work on the PC.

I see people saying all over both should work, the Ps3 one doesnt even get detected by the BluTooth and the 360 dongle wont install drivers.

Pllllleeeease can somone help?
Djentleman
ZSonicMaster

Re: How to get 1 of my guitars working?

Postby ZSonicMaster » Wed May 10, 2017 2:19 pm

PS2 or PS3 guitar? I can't speak for PS2 or X360 but PS3 guitars should work like a charm. Plug the dongle into a USB port, connect the guitar, and it should work. No drivers necessary.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat May 13, 2017 5:59 am

Xbox 360 controllers should work perfectly.. both wired and wireless.
Plug the guitar/dongle in let it get the drivers, if it's failing on drivers then you need to fix that issue, which is nothing to do with the guitar, you could try manually going and getting the drivers then installing them, rather than letting the computer doing it and failing... once the drivers are installed the guitar should detect like any other basic controller (iirc it detects as "Xbox360 controller" or possible "Microsoft controller". Then its just a case of setting the controls in game.

The basic rule of thumb is "if it's a controller and has a usb plug on it (either on the end of the cable or on a dongle) then it will work perfectly fine.." Heck we have even used PS2 guitars from the original guitar hero 1 game on the pc. If drivers are failing to install, that has nothing to do with the guitar, it is a problem with your computer refusing to let the drivers install.. you need to find out why that is happening, as it could effect other future devices you plug into the computer not just the guitar controller..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
a7mag3ddon

Postby a7mag3ddon » Sun May 14, 2017 6:31 am

I got the ps3 guitar working in the end, i didnt realise it needed a dongle, and after considerable searching i found it, installed and works.

Nobby76 - the new guitar i bought was the 2x3 button 360 wireless live guitar and it doesnt work because there are no drivers for it, if im wrong then point me in the right direction as it would be a shame to bin it.

Return to “Tech Support”