Notes are played too fast in FoF !

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 3 months and 5 days old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jacko1337

Notes are played too fast in FoF !

Postby Jacko1337 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:39 am

Hey guys.
I have just created an own song and loaded it into FoF ( right now I'm using the newest version but i had Version 2.3 before and it had the same problem ).
Now the problem is that the notes seem to be played too fast. The music is correct but it isn't even synced with the first note and at the end of the song it is off for about 20 sec.
I can ensure you that this : http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/song-being-played-too-fast-in-fof is not the solution for my problem. Also , when I stop the music at a certain point and start it again it is synced again but , as I said , it gets out of order pretty quickly.
By the way , I loaded the song into guitar hero III and there has been no problem , I was able to play it there just as i wanted.
Slasher22446

Re: Notes are played too fast in FoF !

Postby Slasher22446 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:31 am

Its either:
A: BPM is wrong.
B: guitar.ogg file is not stereo.
C: Fix the AV delay.

Teh Slasha
Jacko1337

Postby Jacko1337 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:00 am

No it's neither of those.
Well the BPM is changing regularly but if it were wrong , the song woudln't work in GH either , right ?
And as i said it is not the Stereo File Bug , because i have Stereo files.
Additionaly , I did change the AV Delay and i even got it to hit the first note exactly , but it gets out of order in the following notes again and in the end in doesn't change much.
So it's gotta be something else.
warhol

Masturbation

Postby warhol » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:39 am

May I ask, what do you use to make songs?
Our dear city is in need of a better environment!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jacko1337

Postby Jacko1337 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:23 am

ah yeah , I fogot to mention that - I use FeedBack for creating the charts and Audacity for Syncing.
pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:43 pm

you didnt change the tempo of the ogg file did you? you shouldnt sync the song using Audacity... you should use the correct BPM in the notes.mid while making the song in Feedback. make sure the ogg plays at 44100Hz.

what are you using to convert the chart file to a midi? that could be the cause of this problem. if you are using decimals for the BPM, the program (converter) might round that number up/down.
Jacko1337

Postby Jacko1337 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:13 pm

Well no i didn'T change the Tempo of the ogg File and i use this Chart2Mid Converter.
Yes , i do play the file at 44100 Hz.
And yes , i do use Decimals for the BPM as well as for the Anchors i set , now the strange thing is that when i play it in FoF it doesn't seem to be related to the BPM Change. It's just played too fast in a constant rate. If it were BPm related i guess it would also play slower/faster when the BPM goes Up/Down ?!
What you do see sometimes in FoF though , is that the Beat Lines are moved due to noticeable BPM Change. I don'T know if this is normal or a part of the problem...
pimpinpalomo

Postby pimpinpalomo » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:12 pm

Chart2MidConverter is known to desync charts during the conversion process (for some people). its normal for the beat lines to be more spaced out when the BPM changes. it seems to me that this problem isnt with the song, but with FoF. try downloading a mod from the mods section of the forum, then test your song on it. dont install the mod over your version of FoF (unless it tells you specifically to do so). if it still doesnt work, then it is your converter. your only option after that is to use a different program for fretting. EoF is perfect for fretting songs for FoF. with the new features in the latest version, i now consider it better than Feedback. you can download it in the mods section.
pisa

Postby pisa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:53 pm

You have to set 44100 Hz frequency on your .ogg files, then repeat your editing.
Last edited by pisa on Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ONAONEMEU

Postby ONAONEMEU » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:28 am

pisa wrote:You have to set 44100 Hz frequency on your .ogg files, then repeat your editing.

unfortunately,you're 7 years late
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:47 pm

pisa wrote:You have to set 44100 Hz frequency on your .ogg files, then repeat your editing.

Not only did you wake a 7 year old dead thread, but the answer you gave was already suggested and the user having the issue had already stated that he does in fact use 44100Hz
If you are gonna take the time to answer a help topic then how about you take the time to actually read the thread as well. That way you would have known that the thread was long dead and the answer you gave had already been given.

A bit of a waste of your first post.. Wait, you have been here 4 months and this is your first post ?? What have you been doing here all that time ??
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”