It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:13 am

Frets on Fire Crash Windows 7 32bit

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules

Frets on Fire Crash Windows 7 32bit

Postby TS10 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 am

Hi, I was trying to open Frets on Fire and a error ocurred, saying that I should see the logfile fretsonfire.exe

So I opened it, and this is what I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 355, in run
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 347, in main
File "View.pyo", line 183, in render
File "Menu.pyo", line 207, in render
File "Font.pyo", line 179, in render
File "Font.pyo", line 112, in _renderString
File "Font.pyo", line 233, in getGlyph
File "Texture.pyo", line 379, in add
File "Texture.pyo", line 283, in loadSubsurface
File "Texture.pyo", line 304, in loadSubRaw
File "data/PyOpenGL-3.0.0a5-py2.5.egg\OpenGL\wrapper.py", line 1624, in __call__
File "data/PyOpenGL-3.0.0a5-py2.5.egg\OpenGL\wrapper.py", line 917, in wrapperCall
WindowsError: exception: access violation writing 0x00000000

I would really apreciate someone's help, thanks ;)

Btw, I don't want to solve this by using FoFix, I just want to play Frets on Fire.
TS10

Re: Frets on Fire Crash Windows 7 32bit

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:25 pm

/******READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS SECTION!******\ wrote:If you are using Frets On Fire Version 1.2.512 or 1.3.110 (Newest Versions) then-

Don't, they are full of bugs, and therefore causes most people problems, and been the reason for so many topics in this section of the forum.

It is highly recommended that you do this-

If you have a load of songs already and dont want to delete them, then move them out of the folder before you do this.

Delete your current fof,
Delete your fretsonfire.ini, and the fretsonfire text document (Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/)
Either download this (full playable release of 1.2.451 with RF-Mod)- http://www.fretsonfire.net/cgi-bin....id97231 [working links http://sourceforge.net/projects/fretson ... e/1.2.451/]
Or if you want it closer to rockband or guitarhero, get this instead (full playable release of 1.2.451 with FoFiX mod)- viewtopic.php?p=358245#p358245
If you dragged your songs folder out, drag it into this,

If that doesn't apply to you(maybe you're not using one of those versions) then I have no more suggestions besides switching to FoFiX like you don't want to.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby nobby76 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:46 am

Where did you install the game ? if its something like C:\Program files\Frets on fire then you have to consider windows security kicking in.
Locations like C:\program files or C:\windows are secure locations ( in fact most folders that are created by windows when you install it have protection over them ) so to get around this you need to grant the program Admin rights, or turn off UAC ( user account control )
But the easiest way around it is to just not install stuff to those locations at all. So try granting the program admin rights and see if that helps, or failing that try installing to a different folder, one that isnt considered a protected location.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby TS10 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:46 am

First of all, thank you both for trying to help me.

So, I tried both of your solutions and I still have the same problem, but with a different error. When I open the logfile fretsonfire.exe, this is what I get:

File "FretsOnFire.py", line 36, in ?
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 28, in ?
File "Engine.pyo", line 27, in ?
File "World.pyo", line 23, in ?
File "Player.pyo", line 25, in ?
File "Song.pyo", line 25, in ?
File "Audio.pyo", line 139, in ?
File "Numeric.pyo", line 91, in ?
File "multiarray.pyo", line 12, in ?
File "multiarray.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: O parâmetro está incorrecto.

The last sentence is saying: "DLL load failed. Parameter is incorrect."

Nobby76, I think you're right, the first thing I thought was that the problem was related with admin rights, but I had already tried to do what you said and I wasn't able to solve anything.

Any solutions? In the meantime, I'll try to search some answers
TS10

Postby nobby76 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:41 pm

did you also try running it a different compatibility mode? also try deleting your fretsonfire.ini its your config file and quite often if you get errors even if you uninstall the game and install a new copy it will still have errors, so you need to make sure that file is cleared out you can find it by typing... Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/ just delete that and restart the game. see if that does anything.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby TS10 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:34 am

yes, I've tried it, DLL load still failes. I tried to install it following http://fretsonfire.wikidot.com/download ... ts-on-fire but all the links are expired..
TS10

Postby takato14 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:56 am

Getting the exact same error and log (DLL load error), using Windows 7 64-bit and FoF MFH Mod v3.000. The program was 100% functional before my HDD crashed and I had to reformat my system. Now, with a fresh copy of Windows 7, it pulls that error.

My guess is that it's a missing DLL, and thus would be easy to fix, but it's not telling us which one in the log so we can't fix it alone. I hope someone can figure this out soon; it's been ages since I last played and I'm quite upset that it's not working.
takato14

Postby TS10 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:16 pm

takato, we've got exactly the same problem. The game was fully functional until I reformated my system. I thought that could also be the problem, so a solution would be downloading a functional Frets on Fire folder from someone who can play the game with no problems.
TS10

Postby takato14 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:52 pm

TS10 wrote:takato, we've got exactly the same problem. The game was fully functional until I reformated my system. I thought that could also be the problem, so a solution would be downloading a functional Frets on Fire folder from someone who can play the game with no problems.

Except I still have my old HDD (with a fully functional copy of FoF MFH 3.0) connected to my computer through an external enclosure. I tried to run it on my desktop (running Windows XP) and it worked, but the computer is too old to run it at an acceptable framerate. I tried running it from that drive on this computer and got the DLL load error. Copied it to my new HDD, still broken. So I removed and reinstalled it from the installer I got before and here I am -- still with the same error.
takato14

Postby mehdicherbib » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 am

cant run fof alarian mod 2.7
error code :

File "FretsOnFire.py", line 64, in ?
File "C:\Program Files\Alarian\data\library.zip\GameEngine.py", line 284, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Alarian\data\library.zip\View.py", line 64, in __init__
ZeroDivisionError: float division

please neeed help soon !!
mehdicherbib

Postby takato14 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:01 pm

mehdicherbib wrote:cant run fof alarian mod 2.7
error code :

File "FretsOnFire.py", line 64, in ?
File "C:\Program Files\Alarian\data\library.zip\GameEngine.py", line 284, in __init__
File "C:\Program Files\Alarian\data\library.zip\View.py", line 64, in __init__
ZeroDivisionError: float division

please neeed help soon !!

Make your own topic; you have a different problem.
takato14

Return to Tech Support