FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
rctwik

Re: FoFiX 4.0.0 Development Thread

Postby rctwik » Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 am

Thanks, where can i get the SVN..? sorry if i'm asking a stupid question.
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Fri May 07, 2010 3:32 pm

rctwik wrote:Thanks, where can i get the SVN..? sorry if i'm asking a stupid question.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who don't ask stupid questions about stupid things.

Goto the google code fofix site, look under the wiki tab, and click on the link that says "RunningUnderPython26"

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/RunningUnderPython26
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Fri May 07, 2010 4:25 pm

vandorb12 wrote:
rctwik wrote:Thanks, where can i get the SVN..? sorry if i'm asking a stupid question.

There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who don't ask stupid questions about stupid things.

Goto the google code fofix site, look under the wiki tab, and click on the link that says "RunningUnderPython26"

It's worth noting that the Subversion repository is deprecated, as we use Git now, and we have been using it since March.

(Just saying.)
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Fri May 07, 2010 4:48 pm

In practice though it doesn't make much difference seeing as the last commit to git was March 14th, and the last to SVN as March 1st. Plus the first page in this topic refers only to SVN. And your signature only links to the google code page for FoFiX.

I have actually uninstalled both git and the FoFiX development version because nothing has happened. It's just not worth keeping around if updates are just going to be every couple of months when the developers have some free time. I'm not blaming the developers. It's just the way it is.
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sat May 08, 2010 3:25 pm

evilbobthebob wrote:In practice though it doesn't make much difference seeing as the last commit to git was March 14th, and the last to SVN as March 1st. Plus the first page in this topic refers only to SVN. And your signature only links to the google code page for FoFiX.

I have actually uninstalled both git and the FoFiX development version because nothing has happened. It's just not worth keeping around if updates are just going to be every couple of months when the developers have some free time. I'm not blaming the developers. It's just the way it is.

well they just haven't had any time, i have already talked to Blazingamer and he said definatly he will be working on fofix during the summer so there is one dev and i think there will be more to follow with that
Former FoFiX developer and Creator of OpenRhythm
rctwik

Postby rctwik » Thu May 13, 2010 9:25 am

vandorb12 wrote:

There is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who don't ask stupid questions about stthupid things.

Thanks alot. But i can't download one of the files! :( The link always says your connection has been reset, and on IE it says can't display webpage :sad:
Guac is extra
vandorb12

Postby vandorb12 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:13 pm

rctwik wrote:Thanks alot. But i can't download one of the files! :( The link always says your connection has been reset, and on IE it says can't display webpage :sad:

your problem is IE. Use Firefox or Chrome.
YouTube (Rocksmith!)
The one, the only, the fretter of The Barebones.

Spoiler:Facebook

The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Mon May 17, 2010 11:52 am

Hello ladies and gentlemans, How do you do?
I did recentrly download FoFiX again for my darling Ubuntu, FoFiX 3.121 exactly.
them I went to options and Choosed Spanish (Mmm my old spanish translation)
Them I saw how good it was, it was really good, but there were a lot of mistakes. :sad:
But today, I just fixed it! I test it in-game(not like the older one) and it´s almost perfect :love:
Here it is:
.po file: http://www.4shared.com/file/pgyo9DnB/spanish.html
.mo file: http://www.4shared.com/file/muezbjam/spanish.html

If you want to use it already on you game, download the .mo file and move it to FoFiX-folder/data/translations.

Bye
Team Meteorito Official Member
i_pk_pjers_i

Postby i_pk_pjers_i » Mon May 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Guys, has development on FoFiX stopped? I have SVN revision 2038, and I can't find a new svn respitory anywhere so I'm assuming it's still the same. I haven't heard anything about development stopping or anything, but where can I get a later version than revision 2038? Or has development stopped since revision 2038?
i_pk_pjers_i

Postby i_pk_pjers_i » Mon May 17, 2010 6:15 pm

raynebc wrote:Revision 2038 is the latest, although I don't know if Git clients see anything that SVN clients don't see. It has been said that some of the developers will have more time to work on this when it's Summer.

Thanks a lot for the fast reply, I'm glad I didn't have to wait long at all. :D
noctem33

Postby noctem33 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:47 pm

4.0 very good
Mantaray400

Postby Mantaray400 » Tue May 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Well I didn't really look through the whole thread, but when is the estimated release time of this version? Christmas maybe?
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Tue May 25, 2010 4:21 pm

The second rule of the FoFiX thread wrote:Don't ask us...

* ...for help on setting up to run from svn (setting up SVN, Python, and the Python modules)
* ...when a specific issue will be fixed. Instead, star it on google code so we know you want it.
* ...when the next beta, RC, or full release will be.
* ...Python programming questions. As a matter of policy, the developers will not answer them. If you want to contribute, you are expected to know enough about Python that you can find your own way around the code.

You can't be expected to read the entire thread, but you are expected to read the forum's stickies.
Mantaray400

Postby Mantaray400 » Thu May 27, 2010 3:55 pm

Well, I don't read the stickies usually since they all seem to be very important threads regarding other things than rules about posting things other than previously posted threads. Still don't see why asking is not wanted. There should always be an expected release time or goal for developers. Having no goal is a sad way to create. No pressure making you WANT to succeed. Since they don't get paid I guess it's understandable-ish.

To each his own, but I still figured this was something people would have even a smart ass answer, like before 10m AD.

Return to “FoFiX”