GH mod for 1.1.324 - Downport of my 1.2.451 GHmod

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:39 pm

alright, so it's done. Finally succeeded in compiling it, thanks to Capo ( I now feel so dumb about it but you were right, I didn't erase the build folder!!! Just erased it and it compiled no problems, I don't know why it was compiling some of the modifications though, anyway!)

It's a downport of the GH mod I made for 1.2.451, so you can look screenshots here it's pretty much the same.

IT'S FOR 1.1.324 -- it's built on rf-mod 3.5 and on the latest Capo's mod (4). I included read-me of their mod in the archive (anyway, people who have questions rarely read the ReadMe's)
That's why I made this little video (it's a Xvid Video (get the codecs if you don't have them) showing how to install the mod:
Install Gh mod for 1.1.324

For normal people, you can install by replacing the FretsOnFire.exe, putting all the files in the data folder in your data folder and putting the mod folder in your mods folder. Turn it on in the mods settings

Also,
[size=120]"un-static" the keyboard.svg in the Game settings > Static SVGs settings and put flame1 to static in rf-mod's settings[/size], one nice thing of being on the 1.1.324 version is that you can use dgrams2000's Guitar Hero BG Pack I (GHII) / Guitar Hero BG Pack II (GHIII) with it, so you can have some change.

It's mainly Capo's mod with some added features like:
- Static SVGs (Settings > Game Settings > Static SVGs Settings )
- keys colors support (key_color and key_color2 in the fretsonfire.ini)
That's pretty much it, have fun.

[Download]

I don't know why, I feel like I'm forgetting something so if you have any problems don't hesitate
Last edited by raph666 on Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:08 pm

Raph! Great job on the down port, it's damn near like the 1.2.451 version! I can't see what your missin'!

I give you 4 fishes of awesomness! ><> ><> ><> ><>
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Draken

Postby Draken » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:14 pm

Good good good!!

You're a really nice guy Raph!!

Five starts here ***** (on hard :p )
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:40 am

Again Raph666,
Thanks a million.

I'm trying to standardize on a 'final' version of 11324 to use, as I keep throwing every little mod on that comes out, and I'm at the point where I just want to keep 1 specific set of mods on - kind of like a game in it's 'final' release.

I think once I get all my CD images downloaded, and previews working for all the custom songs, this is going to be it! Yay!
zoneman

Postby zoneman » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:03 am

thanks raph! now i can get rid of the new version of FOF, till 4.0 comes out! :D (well might ceep it around i little longer......) ???
Last edited by zoneman on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
lnkk

Postby lnkk » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:25 am

awesome raph. great job converting it to 1.1xxx, thanks alot
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:58 am

Incredible job. I've got one urk, though. There's something about the static svg mod that makes going from one screen to the next (say, main menu to song select, or cassette.svg to editore.svg) really really REALLY slow. Also. it gets rid of the .svg "fly in/fly out" transitions that they have when not static. What this ends up with is about 5-10 seconds of a black screen where a 1-2 second transition used to be. I also didn't like that you replaced all the cassettes with CDs, but that's your mod too so I can't really blame you :). Easy switch out anyway.

Was loading.svg really needed? I just deleted it.
~Jake2k3

EDIT: Oh yeah, for anyone that used it, this mod overwrites the multiple score uploader. You'll have to re-download the file (GameResultsScene.py) to upload to multiple charts again. Here's the topic.
Last edited by jake2k3 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
dgrams2000

Postby dgrams2000 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:07 pm

Yeah, I've noticed the slowness between menu screens also (I think this was happening in the 1.2.451 version as well.

Thats okay though. Its a small price to pay for awesomeness.

I am experimenting with flames now.
Even though I love the flames shooting off the Keys,
it takes away from the 'glowiness' of the keys. (is that a word?
spelling checker says NO!)

I have the flames and sparks off right now and am enjoying the glowing keys.
Air Guitar Hero

Postby Air Guitar Hero » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:13 pm

I had been wanting to try this mod but didn't want to re-install the newer fof.

Thanks for the downgrade. I love it!
ReDramt

Postby ReDramt » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:35 pm

This mod ******* kicks arse! Raph you are the best!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to this mod I can PLAY even better which means I'm going to make EVEN HARDER SONGS NOW *insert evil laugh*
Most Recent song:
Pathetic by Lamb Of God

Upcoming songs:
Raise The Hammer by Hammerfall, Ars Moriendi by Mr Bungle, Futureal by Iron Maiden, Heavy Metal (Is The Law) by Helloween, The Number Of The Beast by Iron Maiden
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:36 pm

jake,
the loading svg and png are not necessary...see it as vestigial organs from the 1.2.451 mod that I forgot to delete...and for the cassettes-cd...you do know how mods work do you? I mean...you know that if you don't want the CDs, you can just delete the cassette.dae and label.dae in the mod folder? I think that giving the possibilities to take it or not is better than forcing to use the cassette and then, have to download the CD mod if you want to use it.

and for the transition problem, it's true that it fades to black...it's not that slow on my computer, not even 1 second. On version 1.2.451, there is no problems with the transitions it shows that "loading" svg during that time. And for the loading time of the songs, when you have a lot of mods put together it takes time to read from the .ini ... with rf-mod, capo's mod and my mod together, each time you load a song it has to get this from the fretsonfire.ini :

hitflame1_color4x = #0200BF
hitflame4_color4x = #0200BF
hitflame5_color1x = #003F03
hitflame2_color3x = #6E6F00
hitflame4_color3x = #6E6F00
fret1_color = #FF2222
background_color = #330000
hitflame4_color1x = #003F03
hitflame2_color4x = #0200BF
hitflame3_color1x = #003F03
hopo_color = #000000
fret0_color = #22FF22
hitflame1_color2x = #7F0F19
hitflame5_color3x = #6E6F00
selected_color = #FFBF00
hitflame3_color3x = #6E6F00
base_color = #FFFF80
hitflame5_color2x = #7F0F19
tracks_color = #FFFF80
key2_color = #000000
hitflame2_color2x = #7F0F19
hitflame4_color2x = #7F0F19
bars_color = #FFFF80
hopo_color2 = #FFFFFF
key_color = #111111
fret3_color = #3333FF
hitflame2_color1x = #003F03
hitflame3_color2x = #7F0F19
hitflame3_color4x = #0200BF
hitflame5_color4x = #0200BF
hitflame1_color3x = #6E6F00
fret4_color = #FF4400
hitflame1_color1x = #003F03
fret2_color = #FFFF22
disable_vbpm = False
board_speed = 1
disable_fretsfx = False
disable_flame2 = 2
disable_flame1 = 2
disable_stats = False
disable_flame1sfx = False
disable_flame2sfx = False

And more if you also use the hitflame_size parameters

I guess that, as dgrams said, loading time is the price to pay to load more stuff, and I guess it also depends of the specs of your computer because it's not that bad on mine. I know that capo's mod is cool but the fact that you can set different colors for each frets (or maybe I didn't understand what they're used for..) also adds a lot more code, also if you didn't specify anything for the "hitflame_size" or the "hitflame_color" in your fretsonfire.ini , the game will create those value each time you load (instead or writing "default values" in the .ini) so this takes time too
Last edited by raph666 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yoyobam

Postby yoyobam » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:22 pm

Its a Nicce (very nice mod) Mod but my backround is floating around in the corner wtf... Help plz
Yoyo Representing Penguin!
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:37 pm

it's only because you didn't turn flame1 to static...go to the main menu then:

Settings > RFmod Settings > Performance settings > Flame 1: static
disabling flame 2 is a good idea
yoyobam

Postby yoyobam » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:44 pm

ok ty
Yoyo Representing Penguin!
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:42 pm

raph666 wrote:...and for the cassettes-cd...you do know how mods work do you? I mean...you know that if you don't want the CDs, you can just delete the cassette.dae and label.dae in the mod folder?

Yeah, that's what I meant about "Easy switch out anyway,". Would having bits of other mods turned on and conflicting with other mods also affect the loading time? For example I have a single neck turned on, one background loading, the crowd sounds mod, some notes, and my custom theme.ini. I know your mod has it's own neck, notes, theme, pose, flames... a lot of stuff that I already had other mods active. Would this be causing my slowdown?
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”