raphmod for the new versions of Frets on Fire. - and some improvement to the game

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 8 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sat May 19, 2007 11:06 pm

This is a port of my mod for the new versions of FoF (1.2.xxx).

raphmod-fofver-1.2.xxx.rar

First, thanks to people who helped:
FozZ for the original model of the key.dae
Nightmare JG for the original model of the label.dae
Rogue_F for original coding of the Guitar.pyo

So everything is pretty much like the one I made for the rf-modded-1.1.324 version so I won't rewrite everything.

I changed a bit of code in the Guitar.pyo from the library if you want to have the white on the note...while we wait for a new rf-mod. Actually the code comes from the rf-mod, I only adapted it to the new version's hopo system.

To install it, extract the raphmod folder in the archive to the mods folder of the game.
To change the Guitar.pyo go to the data folder of the game, find Library.zip, open it and replace the Guitar.pyo by the one in the data folder of the archive

Changing the Guitar.pyo is not necessary, I put another mesh in my note (the hopo bump) so even if you don't replace it, the notes will change when they're tappable but if you want the "white notes/colored hopos", you must change it. Since the code if pretty much the same as the rf-mod's, you can change the hopo color in your fretsonfire.ini ( start>run>%appdata%/fretsonfire/ )
Ex:
[theme]
hopo_color = #000000

for those who don't want the mod but would like the Guitar.pyo and/or the note and key

here are some screenshots:

Last edited by raph666 on Sat May 19, 2007 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purplee

Postby purplee » Sun May 20, 2007 1:04 am

Nice! Loved your mod on the old version, as soon as rf-4 comes out i'll be using this.
Purple's a fruit.

may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:53 am

yes I admit I also prefer Rogue_F.s hopos...and also the facts that the rf-mod rarely "random-crashes"

If somebody tries the Guitar.pyo could you tell me if it worked? because I didn't really test it intensively and assumed it should be working
blackslasher

Postby blackslasher » Sun May 20, 2007 9:10 am

That's good ralph, congrats :D
may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:27 am

thanks thanks.

I forgot to mention syberdave in the "First-thanks-to-people-who-helped". Even if he doesn't seem to feel like it, he really helped me out for the python thing because I kinda was in a dead end and his help was more than useful
Micicle

Postby Micicle » Sun May 20, 2007 11:29 am

what does guitar.pyo do?
may I help you?
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:33 am

Micicle wrote:what does guitar.pyo do?

thanks for reading the first post :p

I changed a bit of code in the Guitar.pyo from the library if you want to have the white on the note...while we wait for a new rf-mod. Actually the code comes from the rf-mod, I only adapted it to the new version's hopo system.

To install it, extract the raphmod folder in the archive to the mods folder of the game.
To change the Guitar.pyo go to the data folder of the game, find Library.zip, open it and replace the Guitar.pyo by the one in the data folder of the archive

Changing the Guitar.pyo is not necessary, I put another mesh in my note (the hopo bump) so even if you don't replace it, the notes will change when they're tappable but if you want the "white notes/colored hopos", you must change it. Since the code if pretty much the same as the rf-mod's, you can change the hopo color in your fretsonfire.ini ( start>run>%appdata%/fretsonfire/ )

without it the notes are "solid color"
amplitude

Postby amplitude » Sun May 20, 2007 11:54 am

sweet I liked this mod for the old fof and now it's for the new version! :D
I listen to bands that don't even exist yet. ಠ_ಠ
jtg7803

Postby jtg7803 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:48 am

I understand how to download the white-topped hammer ons but... i dont have a library.zip in my data folder :( the only "libraries" that i have are library.dae and library_label.dae....... any suggestions? otherwise, great mod! love the graphics and color

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”