HomestarRunner Mod - By: Jake2k3

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:19 pm

Hey all,
It's finally here! Months in the making, it's come to release time. The original plan was to have a duel-mod release where you would be able to choose which version you wanted the mod to be for, but in light of recent events the NewFoF version is currently unavailable. I've talked with Gerinych and he has been gracious enough to allow me to release my version. So here it is, the HomestarRunner Mod for Frets On Fire v.1.1.324.

Main Screen

Song Select

Difficulty Select

Gameplay

Game Results

(NOTE: Buckethead Notes and GH Mod Keys are NOT included in the HomestarRunner Mod, I pass all credit for them to buckethead loves kfc and Raph666, respectively)
(Thanks to Gerinych for the Homestar styled FoF logo and Homestar Pose)

I ran into a small bug where the ball.svgs didn't show up in some tests, and some they did appear. If this happens to you, the easiest way to fix it is copy/paste the ball1.scg and ball2.svg files from your data folder into the mod folder. Why this happens sometimes I don't know.

This mod comes pre-packed with the Static Svg files along with the main mod folder. If you wish to use this feature (it will work fine without it), just place the five *.pyo files in your library (Back it up first, the files might overwrite some other mods you have running) and set "Static Cassete.svg" to "Yes" in the Game Settings > Static .Svg Settings > options. The other .svgs need to remain free-moving.

I know a few of you have been anxiously awaiting this release, and it gives me great pride to announce the release of this mod. Download, enjoy, and please leave feedback.

[Download Now!]

Have a great day!
~Jake2k3
Last edited by nwru on Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
tibiazak

Postby tibiazak » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:36 pm

cool! thanks for the PM dude, i don't check this forum very often. i just downloaded it, i'll install it later when i get the chance.
Welcome to an internet message board, where every answer comes with a free side of sarcasm or criticism. Enjoy your stay.
RexMundi412

Postby RexMundi412 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:22 pm

The title screen and results screen look awesome. They standout quite nicely. And the blur effect gives them an amazing depth of field.

I'm still not familar with this character. Could you provide some background on him please?

Oop' sorry, got to run. Just checked my TV Time and I see drist is on.

Great job, Thanks
Rex
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:59 pm

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it. The best way I can think of to describe HomestarRunner is to give you a short intro about it (mixing wikipedia information and some of my own), and afterwards point you to the website itself.

This mod is based of the popular flash internet cartoon site, homestarrunner.com. The site focuses on the fictional town of Free Country, USA where different characters such as HomestarRunner, his best friend Pom Pom, his girlfriend Marzipan, and the antagonist, Strong Bad live. The cartoons usually include a mix of surreal humor and references to the '80s and '90s, notably video games, classic television, and popular music. The most popular section of the site would be the weekly "Strong Bad Emails", where Strong Bad reads and answers an email every week. The site is one of the most popular Flash cartoons on the Internet and is notable for its refusal to sell advertising space (the creators pay for everything through merchandise sales, which includes a line of T-shirts). It grew in popularity largely through word of mouth. The best way to really figure out what homestarrunner.com is, is to visit it and watch a few toons. Most of it probably won't make sense the first time (Where are his arms? What's a "The Cheat"? How does he type with boxing gloves on?), but then again, most of it will NEVER make since. It's a cartoon, and you're going to just have to go along with some of it. Oh, and it's friggin hilarious.

So go check it out.
~Jake2k3
Last edited by jake2k3 on Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:03 pm

******* awesome mod for a ******* huge H*R fan!
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:06 am

I was wondering when you'd show up :D.
Glad you like it.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
masterchief44

Postby masterchief44 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:17 pm

When I turn this mod on and apply the settings, nothing happens. Do I have to have version 1.1.314?
Float On - Modest Mouse
The Hardest Button to Button - The White Stripes

I know my "holiday treat" is late...
Then:
Knights, something by blink-182, Portions for Foxes, Blow Me Away, Hole In the Earth, Rapture, Cherry Waves, something by Flyleaf, Falling Slowly, Give It Up, something by Paramore, something by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, or something by Weezer.
The Muffin Man

Postby The Muffin Man » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:28 pm

jake2k3 wrote:So here it is, the HomestarRunner Mod for Frets On Fire v.1.1.314.

I'd say that's a safe assumption.
"Solve et Coagula."
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:24 pm

You'd be correct with that assumption. It's for 1.1.324 only.
Gerinych is working on a version for 1.2.451, don't know when it'll be out.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Kentan

Postby Kentan » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:55 pm

I installed it and it looks/plays great, with two small problems:
The custom background for playing the song is not present, it's still the FoF one.
The custom fretboard doesn't appear either.
Otherwise, great mod.
Leather Rebel!
Lone Wolf

Postby Lone Wolf » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:52 am

You mean the custom neck. The non-existant one. As can be seen in the screenshots, he made no changes to the neck. And, you need to set Flame 1 to static and Flame 2 to disabled for the background I think.
Kentan

Postby Kentan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 am

My bad ^^:
For some reason, it looked like a custom neck
o.O
Thanks for the info :)
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:07 am

Lol yeah, we were trying to come up with a custom neck at one point, but nothing ever really worked out. So we (err, I, I don't know what gerinych is going to use) decided on leaving the original one in. It looks nice and is interchangeble if you have one you like better. I myself am using Fozz's ESP neck.

Glad to see people like it. Especially after it's first two days of hangin' out on pages 2 and 3 :p
~Jake2k3

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Gerinych

Postby Gerinych » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:02 pm

Alright, I'm done. Here is the 4.71MB SFX archive. Follow the instructions and you'll keep out of trouble being a n00b. :).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7bkpzz
Last edited by Gerinych on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kentan

Postby Kentan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Schweet, great 'jorb'!
>_>

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”