Guitar Hero 3 artwork for the modders. - Who love's ya!!!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 8 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 am

Ok guys,
This post will eventually have everything of Guitar Hero artwork i rip'd from the pc version. The method wasn't easy either to say the least!!! And I already converted the DDS files to PNG for you. I originally was going to make a GH3 mod for UC mod to have the perfect gh3 available on the 1.2.451 famously loved FoF, but the reality is, so far i am still not having any time to do like i was hoping, so i decided after seeing some great guys out there putting some good effort into putting nice looking mods out there (about time, and so many now!!!!) I decided it would be easier on me to just release all the artwork untouched, for others to use instead.
Plus, this way more people can put it to good use, instead of just one good mod'r bringing out a great mod, and others just modifying it then releasing another version of it, this allows fair game of people showing what there really made of, and starting the graphic mod from ground up, to an extent that is. And i want to say i am very pleased with the amount of people contributing now. It brings a tear to my eyes!!

- I do want to release my "Worldrave's GH3 MOD for UC MOD" with all of what i did manage to complete so far (Left meter artwork, Right meter artwork, Notes, Keys, Spinning Stars, Main Screen, Necks). Tested, working great, and no noticeable slow downs at all!!! Maybe someone can finish the final touches on it. It's all the remaining time i had to do it. Big thanks to Coffee_Mod also!!!!

- As far as the necks go for anyone having questions. The originals from the game are 512x1024, and work perfectly fine in UC game. That's what i used to make the screenshots of my WIP. The only thing is, it won't look quite right in the neck selection screen(size/alignment), but in game looks great, and REALLY adds to the realism feeling overall due to the perfect graphics quality. I simply took them, flipped them upside down, and named them, put them into the NECKS folder. That's it!!

Here's my mostly finished GH3 Mod for 'Ultimate Coffee Mod' (Unzip into whatever directory and play "MINUS Songs")
Worldrave's GH3 Mod for 'UC Mod'

Loading screen I put together.
Rapidshare Link

Main high quality FoF3 menu screen I made.(The original screen is actually about 7-8 pieces of graphics, layered together to form the final result in the game. (Minus changing the 'Guitar Hero' to 'Frets on Fire' of course, and touching up the "III")
Rapidshare Link

Notes and FretButtons I finished, other then HO/PO star notes. Graphics AS-IS. Also looks incredible in game!!!! Can't get any better then the real thing. LOL.
Premaid UC Notes File Link Notes Artwork Link

Fret Buttons Premaid for UC MOD Link Fret Buttons Artwork Link

Star Notes Spinning (I included my psd files already all cut up to export however needs to be done to add to FoF), also looks better then these, since these are GIF's which are low quality in comparison.
ImageImageImageImageImage
My PSD Files along with premaid animated GIF's of them.

Lightning Graphics for Star Power

Necks-Rapidshare Left Meter Artwork & My PSD's-Rapidshare Rock Meter Artwork & My PSD's-Rapidshare
Last edited by worldrave on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ateshu

Postby ateshu » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:57 am

Awesome! :)
Can't wait untill you release the rest. :laugh:
dionzorrr

Postby dionzorrr » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:26 am

very nice
good work ;)
Don't PM me about my 'Potty-Mouth' kk.
Song's made: dragon ball z - American theme , rouge trader's - do you wanna

ImageImage
Dævid

Postby Dævid » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:24 am

Exactly what I need thx man ur a god.
Might be working on DH2
emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:54 am

awesome as always!
thanks very much worldrave:D
priesthacker

Postby priesthacker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:12 am

man!how do i use the spinnig notes!
i use ultimate coffee 1.2.451!
formspring it!
yoyokid2008

Postby yoyokid2008 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:34 am

priesthacker wrote:man!how do i use the spinnig notes!
i use ultimate coffee 1.2.451!

You can't at the moment.
priesthacker

Postby priesthacker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:37 am

could you plz make the lightining that hits star notes after you get star power,like in this pic:
and also that nice lightning that comes over the guitar when you use star power!
like in this picture:
nerfanator111

Postby nerfanator111 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:43 am

could someone plaes help me get the moving star notes to work?
check my youtube account!! youtube.com/nerfanator111
atrufinibr

Postby atrufinibr » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:43 pm

Do you will do the same with Rock Band too ?

See ya

Thanks for this !
98% of the Internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that doesn't have one, copy and paste this into your sig.......NOW! :laugh:

alarian

Postby alarian » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Great stuff!
My music
KidNinjaX

Postby KidNinjaX » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Holy SH*t This is F8cking AWSOME MAN SUPER F*CKING AMAZING AWSOME WORK worldrave
[url=http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26103]My Ninja Mod 50% done
[/url] Help out with the mod if u can =)
dennis

Postby dennis » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:16 pm

Great job. I'll take all the high res graphics and/or animations I can get since I've got the rig to handle it =P
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:39 pm

So hows it coming with REALLY ripping the graphics from the game? Because those pictures don't seem like the legit graphics (besides the spinning stars and necks). They have artifacts and look a bit messy.

If you are using the PC GHIII as a form of getting screen shots with, you should save those screen shots as lossless PNGs so artifacts don't occur from JPEGs (because JPEG artifacts just lower image quality and increase file size once re-saved as a PNG).

Also, if you are going to use my Ho/Po stars, credit me please.

Graphic Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24983
emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:48 pm

I don't see any artifacts at score/rock meter... and I don't care about notes or keys less quality because they are moving.

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”