Lightning Mod - Bzzzt!

Discuss mods and get help with mods ONLY
This topic is 7 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:01 am

Here's a little mod that I just finished up, it's my first mod, and I think it looks cool. I used the "Chilly Mod"'s color scheme for it, modified it a bit, and put in some new graphics.

MegaUpload
SendSpace

Mod Includes:
flame1.svg
flame2.svg
neck.svg
pose.svg
logo.svg
default.ttf
international.ttf
title.ttf
theme.ini

Image Image Image

Image Image

If you have any problems with the text being too big you should turn the text scale down to 90%. I tried the best I could but the font I was working with wouldn't line up right.

Enjoy!
~Jake2k3
Last edited by jake2k3 on Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:24 am

Crap I forgot the readme. Here's the verison with it.

MegaUpload
SendSpace

Mod please edit up to my first post.
~Jake2k3
Goodbye everyone. It's been fun. I spent many many hours here on these boards and playing/contributing to FoF. Today I uninstalled my game and deleted all my files. I just don't have the time or interest anymore. I won't be coming back here anymore. I might show up in the IRC from time to time to chat. I regret nothing.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Scott678

Postby Scott678 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:21 pm

very clean looking..although i cant use it because of lag problems :(
great job on it
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:04 pm

It shouldn't lag up the game too much. It's mostly color and font changes. I wouldn't think the fretboard would cause too much lag... I guess it is about 300kbs more than the original, but FoF is a really low-tech game to start.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
tazguy79

Postby tazguy79 » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:21 pm

Great work on the mod, simple, and i still love it
v4vendetta

Postby v4vendetta » Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:37 am

Question, Which file are the stars? I just want those.
Sarge51

Postby Sarge51 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:03 am

Not a fan of blue themes. But lightning rules. And this mod is pretty wicked. Maybe a V.2 in the future? :]
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:53 pm

v4vendetta wrote:Question, Which file are the stars? I just want those.

star1.svg is the blank (grayed out) star and star2.svg is the filled in one. I didn't change the stars in this mod though. I tried but they ended up a really dark shade of green, now that I look so did the stars the defaulted to the game. Any help?

Sarge51 wrote:Not a fan of blue themes. But lightning rules. And this mod is pretty wicked. Maybe a V.2 in the future? :]

I'll do a v2 if this mod gets enough positive feedback.
Last edited by jake2k3 on Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Shredder
Scutch-Nukem

Postby Scutch-Nukem » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:47 pm

Awesome mod, i like the neck and the pose.
If you can read this then you've gone too far.
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:07 pm

Lol I did the pose in about 5 minutes. I'm glad you like it.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
Sarge51

Postby Sarge51 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:37 pm

I just notice the guys hair is all frizzy like he was electrocuted, that's awesome.

My only complaint would be that on the fretboard it's sometimes difficult to spot the blue frets. But other than that. Everything runs smooth for me. (Well, same as it does on the regular. Nothing different from the original.) The background is a little weird looking. You should make your own in-game background instead of just changing those colors. (It's cool, but not very original.)
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:10 pm

Hmmm, what keys are you using? I'm using the GH'esque ones from RF's mod 1.5 and my blue keys show up fine. You can look back at the screens if you don't know which ones I mean.

I know it's not a very original background, but it is my first mod and to be honest I didn't want to screw it up with a crappy background image that's hard to look at. I'll try and make one for V2.0, but I'm not making any promises.

(Lol if you just realized the guy's hair, look a little closer on his arm strap and the corner of his keyboard :;):)

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3
jantunes

Postby jantunes » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:06 pm

This is awesome!
whatakevin

Postby whatakevin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:22 pm

one problem, hard to see blu notes
Shredder
jake2k3

Postby jake2k3 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:46 pm

You can always change the color of the notes, you know. Try a darker color if it's that hard to see.

So long, farewell.
~Jake2k3

Return to “FOF Mod Discussion and Support”